How to create and use an User defined Spool Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create and use an User defined Spool Positions

To create a spool position which not avaialble in the standard library, we need to use the "Valve Spool Designer" and the accessories included in this branch (for example: plugs, orifices, etc.)
    The spool creation must absolutely follow the number of ports indicated in the image presented when you double click on an empty spool position. This image indicates the number of horizontal ports you need to specify in "Technical - Characteristic"; to use the image, you need to compare the sketch configuration of the spool to be created with the different configurations shown, when you find the appropriate match just select the number of ports for that row.

Hints:
    • The spool creation is available for the hydraulic and pneumatic library. If you create a spool, use only accessories from only one library at the time (don't mix).

The creation and use of a spool position in Automation Studio V6 is shown in the attached video. There is also an example of an often mistake which leads to unavailability of the spool in the builder.

Download link: Create a user spool.

Hello, one additional question about spools. There is "characteristic curves" in relief valves etc... Is it possible to set "characteristic curve values" on directional control valves, too.I tried to put some values but there is nominal flow and pressure drop values. But pressure drop depends on cylinder stroke, it is not constant value. Can you help me?

Comment

Hello

Starting from the version 6.1 of Automation Studio™ the directional valve have “Flow curves” and “Pressure drop curves”.
      Best Regards,
      Forum Admin
      sigpic

Comment

I could not find a create spool desingner. I have been working with education versions p6.0, p6.1, p6.2. In which version can I create spool desing. My goal is to understand and learn only the principle of operation of hydraulic systems.

Comment

Hello erenkarakas

The spool designer is module(a workshop) which you have to had purchased. For more details please contact your sales representative.
          Best Regards,
          Forum Admin
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X