Wires in conduits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wires in conduits

Our projects usually involve a main panel, several junction boxes near the final elements and conduits between each enclosure.

Is there a way to assign a wire to one or more conduits? If not, any workaround (harnesses, user-defined variables or accessories)?

I would like to have a list of wires and cables (including wire ID, gauge, color and spool or cable name) inside each conduit. The objective is to use this report to calculate the conduit sizes, and as a reference during the installation.

Thank you!

Hi,

Here is how you can assign a conduit to wires. This approach applies to any property you would like to add to a wire or to a component.

1. In your electrotechnical document, select all wires:
    SelectWires.jpg
    2. Double-click on one of the selected wires and go to the "Data" branch, then add a variable by clicking on the "Add Variable" icon in the top toolbar:

AddVar.jpg

4. Give your variable a name ("Conduit" for example). Select "STRING" as the variable type (because it will contain text). Click on Apply:
    ConduitVar.png
    5. Now you can select any wire and enter a name for the conduit in its "Data" branch.
    ConduitName.jpg
    Once you do this, you will be able to add the "Conduit" field in your reports. You can also do the same with cables.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else.

Joe.

Comment

Working...
    X