Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is and how the I/O interface works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harriosao
    replied
    Hi,
    Can anyone advise how to connect interface and how to make the program and linking?
    I have a usb bio and a driver but I can't get it to work in any way.
    I can make a working electro-pneumatic program. Here's an example. How do I add an interface here?Ty?2_15.2.2019.prx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by harriosao; 9th January 2020, 14:42.

Leave a comment:

• ratnaji@adroitcontrol.com
    replied
    Thank you for the support..

Leave a comment:

• JesusR
    replied
    Please use the attached file.

PIO_Card edu_support.prxPIO_Card edu_support.prx

Leave a comment:

replied
    where can i get the drivers for interfacing.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hi
    I just tried to open the .prx file which you have attached but it is not opening.
    currently, i am using A.S 6.3 Educational edition.
    Capture.JPG

Leave a comment:

• JesusR
    replied
    Hello Mr. Solarte.

The I/O kit is sold by Famic Technologies Inc. Kindly send us your contact info to give you more information by sendingus an e-mail to Forum administration.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• enriquesolarte
    replied
    Where can I buy it? I need it

Leave a comment:

• ForumsAdmin
    started a topic What is and how the I/O interface works?

What is and how the I/O interface works?

The target of this thread is to present the I/O interface and to show how Automation studio can control real devices such as a pneumatic, hydraulic or electric power trainers.

First, as any other device which is connected to a computer this box have some drivers. A CD with drivers will be provided with an instructions file to guide you in the installation process. On the CD there is a file called Install-USB-PIO-V4.5.txt, please follow the instruction for a successfully installation of the card.

After the installation was done you need a project in Automation Studio (we'll gone call this AS world which is a virtual world) and one physical project outside of Automation Studio (we'll gone call this the real world). This outside world can be anything a circuit to light a lamp or a cylinder which can be move. We'll attach also a small example (project made in Automation Studio for which we have a test bench); I will attach also a picture of this.

As you can see the picture IMAG0301.jpg in the real world there is a cylinder with two sensors (LS1 and LS2), a directional valve with two solenoids SOL1 and SOL2 and what is import for our subject, the I/O Box. The I/O box has to be connected to a power source which you can see is already done by the blue and red connectors; and to the computer by the USB to parallel cable (parallel port to the I/O box, USB to the computer).
    Then using other cables we'll connect the sensors to the IN (IN1 for LS1 and IN2 for LS2) ports and the solenoids to OUT (OUT1 for SOL1 and OUT2 for SOL2) ports. This because we need to send the signal from the real sensors into Automation Studio and we need to take the signal from Automation Studio and transfer to the directional valve (the IN ports from the physical box will send signal to input from Automation Studio and the OUT ports from the physical box will receive signal from OUT from Automation Studio).
    So this is what we had to do in our bench test.

Now in Automation Studio we have to recreate the same circuit. Please find attached project.
    The idea in this project is to push the button PB and this will do two things:
    - First I connect this push button direct to the OUT0 of the and in the physical system a light will turn on.
    - The second thing the cylinder will extend. The electrical circuit will help us to move the directional valve in both directions.

Because we already have a physical circuit normally we don't need the hydraulic diagram, only the electrical it's enough. For educational purpose I use both of them for a better understanding and association between the virtual components and the physical components.
    After the hydraulic circuit was done and the logic for the control was done and you put also the I/O box, before starting the simulation you have to activate the card, please see the "Io kit.png" but only if the physical card is connected and power on, if not when the simulation is start and error message will appear and the simulation will stop.
    Using the variables you have to link the PB button to OUT0, the solenoid Y1 to OUT1 and the solenoid Y2 to OUT2; then the normal closed contact from the first line of the electrical circuit to IN2 and the normal closed contact from the last line of the electrical circuit to IN1.

When you'll start the simulation the IN1 which corresponds to sensor LS1 from real life will be ON, because the cylinder is in retract position, in the default position, because of this sensor LS1 is active. By pressing the PB button the OUT0 will be ON as long you keep press the button; OUT1 will be ON as long the cylinder will extend until the max. When the cylinder will be extend to maximum the sensor LS2 will send a signal back to Automation Studio; IN2 will be activate in the I/O box in AS which will activate the switch from the last line of the electrical circuit. This will activate the solenoid Y2 which will send a signal to the OUT2. When the cylinder gets to the default position the IN1 will be ON again.

I will attach also a generic picture about the location of the I/O box in circuits. Please find attached the IO kit.pdf.

I hope that through this example we managed to make you understand the way I/ O interface works.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JesusR; 21st August 2018, 08:29.
Working...
X